Neem is a strong antioxidant, neutralizing free radicals that may influence the development of some conditions. It is also a strong anti-inflammatory agent. Neem has antimicrobial effects and may be effective against several types of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Skin and Blood. Neem is famous and celebrated for promoting healthy skin and a clear complexion. Due in part to its bitter taste, it has an incredibly cooling effect on the body, reducing excess heat that can manifest as skin blemishes.
- Immune System. Its detoxifying effects on the body make it a great immune booster, especially for the cleansing of ama from the body.
- Blood Sugar. The purifying benefits neem has on the body’s blood and circulation also help support healthy blood sugar levels already in the normal range.
- GI Tract. A healthy digestive environment is vital for health. Neem reduces unwanted heat and toxins in the GI tract.*
- Metabolism. Neem’s kapha-reducing properties encourage proper fat and water digestion and elimination, keeping water retention from accumulating in the body.
- Lungs. Neem supports clear breathing and a healthy respiratory system.
- Skin Moisture and Softness. Neem’s skin benefits work both internally and externally. As an external application, Neem oil or soap helps soothe and lubricate the skin.
- Hair. For those with excess pitta and heat trapped in the scalp and hair follicles, neem is terrific for cooling the scalp and supporting the growth of lustrous, smooth hair. Source: Banyan Botanicals